Site Admin

Piece Analysis

Post by elise »

MY OLD MOVIE BLUES INFO.png
elise
Site Admin

Re: My Old Movie Blues

Post by elise »

Here is a slowed down recording of the first five bars. Just practice this much this week, and get the rhythm, notes, fingers, etc super smooth and comfortable, and then add in the dynamic markings.

https://musicwithelise.com/music/leo/my ... inning.mp3
elise
Site Admin

Re: My Old Movie Blues

Post by elise »

In the heart of a vibrant city, nestled between the bustling streets, stood a cozy jazz club called "Harmony Haven." It was a place where the music flowed freely, and the spirit of joy danced in the air. People from all walks of life would gather there to let loose and immerse themselves in the lively tunes of the blues.

One evening, a talented pianist named Lily "Fingers" Davis took her place at the grand piano on the stage. Her fingers glided effortlessly across the keys, breathing life into the room. The crowd couldn't help but sway to the infectious rhythm that resonated from her soul.

With each note of the piano, Lily's melodies brought smiles to the faces of the audience. Her upbeat and energetic playing invited everyone to forget their worries and embrace the moment. The sound of the piano keys being struck echoed through the room, lifting spirits and encouraging laughter.

As the music flowed, the patrons joined in, clapping their hands and stomping their feet to the cheerful rhythm. The atmosphere of the club transformed into a joyous celebration, as the blues filled the air with a sense of liberation and freedom.

Lily's fingers danced along the piano keys, telling stories of triumph, love, and the simple joys of life. Her music was a reminder that even in the face of adversity, one could find beauty and happiness. The infectious energy spread through the room, enveloping everyone in a collective spirit of elation.

As the night wore on, the crowd became a chorus of cheerfulness, singing along to the vibrant melodies that emanated from the piano. The blues became a celebration of life, a testament to the resilience of the human spirit.

When Lily's final chords echoed through the room, the audience erupted in applause, their hearts filled with gratitude for the unforgettable experience. As the evening came to a close, the patrons left "Harmony Haven" with a renewed sense of joy and a spring in their step.

Lily, with a contented smile on her face, took a bow and embraced the appreciation of her audience. She knew that she had touched their souls and created a moment of bliss through the power of her piano.

And so, "Harmony Haven" continued to be a sanctuary for those seeking the uplifting spirit of the blues. Lily "Fingers" Davis remained an inspiration, forever etched in the hearts of those who had experienced her music—a reminder that even in the happiest of times, the blues could bring people together in celebration and unity.